Started in 1957, Milaha is one of the largest and most diversified maritime and logistics companies in the Middle East with a focus on providing integrated transport and supply chain solutions. Milaha was the first shipping agent in Qatar and has since established a regional stronghold. Milaha’s current activities include Maritime and Logistics; Marine and Technical Services; Offshore Marine; Gas and Petrochem; and Capital.
In a world of increasingly complex supply chains, Milaha says the key to their success has been unlocking synergies within each of their five strategic business pillars to ensure client and partner needs are satisfied.
- Maritime & Logistics: Milaha delivers a comprehensive range of services to some of the region’s biggest companies. They work to synchronize their services – from logistics and marine transport, to port services, ship repairs and complete shipping agency services – to tailor simpler and more efficient solutions.
- Marine and Technical Services: Milaha’s operations are focused on providing vessel and industrial equipment owners and operators with comprehensive services to help them achieve greater asset efficiency and optimize their total cost of operations.
- Offshore Marine: Milaha’s offshore sector provides a range of Diving, ROV, Hydrographic Survey, and Subsea services, through owned and operated equipment.
- Gas and Petrochem: Milaha’s focus in this business is centered around its fleet of carriers and investments. Milaha has stakes ranging from 15 – 30% in six LNG carriers, and a 50% stake in Gulf LPG, the owner and operator of four Very Large Gas Carriers (VLGCs) in partnership with Nakilat. Milaha is also the founder shareholder of Nakilat, the world’s largest LNG shipping company, where they own over 36%.
- Capital: Milaha’s capital sector is centered around the management of a large portfolio of financial and property investments, which helps maintain its financial strength, in addition to supporting the real estate requirements of the individual businesses.