Ministry of Education and Higher Education
The primary responsibilities of the Ministry of Education and Higher Education (MOEHE) are to:
- Develop successful educational policies
- Consistently monitor and incorporate the best practices and evidence based research into the Qatari cultural and social context so that it can improve teaching and learning.
- License private schools
- Provide various scholarships to qualified Qatari students enrolled in higher education
- Approve which institutions of higher education would be eligible to receive Qatari scholarships
- Recruit, train, support and license public school teacher
- Establish curriculum standards for math, science, English, Arabic and Islamic studies for public schools of all levels
The MOEHE offers many services across all areas of education directly in support of public education, private education, higher education, and evaluation. These services include: student registration, complaints, government scholarships, and issuances of certificates.