Qatar Stock Exchange
The Qatar Stock Exchange (QSE) seeks to:
- develop a successful exchange at both the regional and international levels
- assist in developing Qatar into the primary financial center of the region
- offer a wide range of investment and trading opportunities to both investors and members
- provide investors, both domestic and foreign, with access to listed companies from Qatar, and be a key domestic and regional capital market for issuers to raise capital and for investors to trade securities and derivative products
- to be a leading institution at the domestics and regional levels with an international reputation
- to provide a work environment rooted in attaining excellence and giving people the opportunity to grow and develop.
QSE has also developed a Venture Market program which was designed to be marketed for younger companies that are growing and need access to capital. QSE believes that being listed on their Venture Market would be most suitable for smaller entrepreneurial companies with a more limited track record and less resources to meet the increased investor relations and corporate government practices demanded by Main Market companies.
The QSE consists of a number of companies spanning banks & financial services, consumer goods & services, industrials, insurance, real estate, telecoms, and transportation, and includes Qatar National Bank, Salam International, Mesaieed Petrochemical Holding Company, Qatar Insurance Company, Ezdan Holding, Ooredoo, Qatar navigation.