Qatari Businessmen Association
The key function of Qatari Businessmen Association (QBA) is to work as the link between Qatar’s strategic plans and the activities of Qatari businessmen. QBA has been involved in various initiatives to facilitate dialogue to help promote the development of the Qatari business environment. QBA seeks to strengthen business growth via leadership, prosperity, information, communication, as well as governmental and community engagement.
Further, QBA aims to play a leading role in the development of private sector activities at the local and international levels. The organization has adopted a number of objectives in order to achieve this goal including:
- Creating a mechanism that gathers Qatari businessmen and economists so as to enhance interaction, coherence, and to contribute to the fostering and maintenance of a business and investment environment that encourages pioneering work and to prepare the private sector for the significant role it will play in the development of the Qatari economy.
- Embracing a leading role in the follow up of the strategic plans of Qatar, contributing to the establishment of these plans, providing practical solutions as well as bringing up appropriate recommendations for the development of private sector activities at both the local and international levels so as to sustain and better the economic growth rates in the community as a whole.
- Identifying and selecting joint projects both internally and externally, and getting involved in the promotion of strategic projects to attract investments at the local, regional and international levels.
- Contributing to the creation and preparation of government economic policy and legislation through the dissemination of memoranda and opinion statements on economic trends and government policies and submitting them to higher authorities in the state.
- Acting as an independent consultant to the private sector and forwarding the necessary recommendations to the relevant authorities in the state and developing training programs to improve economic performance and raising the level of performance for QBAs members and their institutions.
- Producing studies and economic reports, conducting field surveys and organizing conferences, seminars and activities pertaining to the achievement of QBAs goals
- Taking part in seminars, conferences, and activities related to the business and economic sectors.